Google
 
Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.

Friday, March 7, 2008

JERANTUT (PAHANG, MALAYSIA) - PERFECT HIDEAWAY


Photo : My son, Luqman Hakim posing at Mutiara Taman Negara Boat Jetty

Today I just browse for Jerantut.com website to find any latest news. Even i'm now staying in Selangor, I'm keep reminding myself and my family that we are from Jerantut, Pahang Darul Makmur.

Every month (almost)since last 7 years, I will be at my dearest hometown; Kg. Batu Balai, Jerantut, Pahang to meet my father and other family members. 2-3 hours of journey to Jerantut for me is nothing compare to the feel when we reach in Jerantut.

Jerantut, even quite ulu (remote area), Jerantut have everythings! Myself for example, I completed my higher secondary education in Sekolah Menengah Jerantut (Jerantut Secondary School) after finish my Sijil Tinggi Pelajaran Malaysia (Malaysian Higher Certificate of Education). Then, I continue my studies in Universiti Utara Malaysia (Northern University of Malaysia) in Sintok, Kedah in Human Resource Management (HRM).

I then married with someone which also originated from Jerantut. Even when my wife is giving birth to my first son, we prefer him been delivered in Jerantut Hospital.

In Jerantut, we live in peaceful. Im being neighbouring to Chinese and Indian without any problems. We are sharing same school, football field and ect...

Here in Jerantut, there is a lot of interesting places to visit such as :-
1) Taman Negara (National Park) - Reserved Forest
2) Gua Gunung Senyum (Gunung Senyum Cave) - Cave exploring
3) Gua Kota Gelanggi (Kota Gelanggi Cave)- Cave exploring
4) Sungai Pahang (Pahang River) - Water refting, river expedition, fishing, camping
5) Air Terjun Lata Meraung (Lata Meraung Waterfall) - Picnic, Camping, fishing, absailing
6) Hutan Simpan Kenong (Kenong Reserved Forest) - back to nature expedition, camping
7) Air Terjun Rengat (Rengat Waterfall) - Fishing, camping, picnic


Photo : Some of my family members at Jerantut Railway Station

How to getting here?
1) By bus directly from Pekeliling Bus Station, Kuala Lumpur or Klang Bus Station. Its very cheap and easy to travel here by bus.

2) By Taxi from any parts of Malaysia. Most of the taxi operators willing to sent you here. But, please watch-out the fare.

3) By train. Just stop at Jerantut station if you use Keretapi Tanah Melayu (KTM) train. The fare also quite cheap.

4) By plane? There is no direct plane to Jerantut at the moment. Alternatively, you may rent a shuttle helicopter to reach Jerantut (make sure you're pretty rich to use this service.)

For more details about Jerantut, you may login to this website www.jerantut.com and please regularly visit this blog. I promise to give you more information about Jerantut. As local, i'm the best to refer to know Jerantut better.

No comments: