CHILDISH ! It’s only for children under 12 years old.
I definitely not agree with that statement. This hobby is for all, no matter how old are they. This is among the cheapest and the most popular hobby in the world. You can collect stamps just from your house.
Why Collecting Stamps ? 1) Its fun, low cost and exciting hobby. 2) Education. Motive stamps such as flowers, animals, vehicles and buildings usually can be use as educational tools to educate our kids 3) Historical value. Stamps usually used to captured our nations historical moments 4) To generate revenue or investment.
How to Start & Increase Your Collection ? 1) Buy equipment to start the collection. You only need the stamps album. That’s all, at least for beginner.
2) Declare your hobby. Your family and friends will support you in multiple way later as time arise.
3) Be membership of your local philately club at your nearest post office. Normally all national post office have their own philately club to cater their members. The joining fee also quite reasonable. Example of philately club as below :-
4) Plan your collection. Try to start with simple collection target. Example limit your collection by your own country, or by motive (animals, buildings, flowers, etc..).
5) Buy direct from post office. You can purchase any stamps you like. Normally without any chop to remarks that the stamps has been used; or ‘Fresh’ stamps.. However, you can request your local postmaster to chop the stamps to cancelled the ’Fresh’ stamps and make its ’used’ stamps. Used stamps normally has more value that ’fresh’ stamps.
6) Buy from source county. If you’re going to collect stamps from Malaysia, it’s advisable to get the stamps directly from Malaysia.
SPECIAL OFFER, WHILE STOCK LAST ! 100 PCS OF ASSORTED MALAYSIAN’S STAMP FOR ONLY USD 15.00 (INCLUSIVE OF DELIVERY TO YOUR DOORSTEP THROUGH POS MALAYSIA).Please email me at email@example.com for details.
EXPENSIVE ! This is the general view when we are thinking to start this interesting hobby.
YES, may be you’re right. Collect coins & Bank Notes from hundred of countries around the world with different value and denomination will cost a lot of money; especially race coins & bank notes.
But, let we show you how you can start this interesting hobby with less cost.
Why Collect Coins and Bank Notes ? 1) As hobby of course! Its comes with different shapes, colors and great visual. Its fun and enjoying.
2) Historical and cultural value. Normally coins & bank notes published with current achievement of the countries.
3) As investment. Many notes have been growing in value recently. You can sell your collection online and offline.
4) As educator. To educate people especially children, few countries start to publish limited commemorative coins. Example: Malaysia have published Coin in Education for endangered species to create awareness on endanger species such as birds and turtles.
How to Start & Increase Your Collection ? 1) Declare your hobby. Tell your family and friends that you are Coins & bank notes collector. Who’s know may be they have excessive items for you during their traveling to foreign countries. If you are lucky, they will give something to you for free or sell to you in very reasonable price.
2) Make friends from all over the world. Don’t limit your friendship to any nation, race, age, skin color, religion or political differences. You can get new friend thru chatting room or any mailing group such as yahoogroups. If you dare to ask, your friend will happy to give their country’s coins & bank notes for free, exchange or sell in very reasonable price.
3) Buy from your local bank or authorized money changer. Major bank and money changer will able to sell you world currencies with current market price. However, only current bank notes available for sale. You can not buy other countries coins from them.
4) Buy books on coins & bank notes. Avoid from been cheated by fake coins & bank notes especially rare items and coins & bank notes from other countries. You can purchase from your local bookstores or online store such as www.amazon.com or http://www.half.ebay.com/.
5) Visit your local flea market or car boot sale. Bargain, bargain and bargain for cheap price. Beware of fake items. Its advisable to buy related books on coins & bank notes before looking for specific items to avoid been cheated.
6) Be membership of your local numismatic society. With reasonable membership fee, normally you may subscribe their newsletter, attend their meting, sale, auction and also can exchange coins & bank notes with other members. Example of numismatic society as follows :- http://www.money.org.my/ = Malaysia Numismatic Society http://www.money.org/ = American Numismatic Association
7) Surf in the internet for auction coins & bank notes. You may trade your extra and unwanted items for cash. Then, buy other items to increase your collection. Beware of fake items when purchase from auction website. Example of auction website is :- http://www.ebay.com/ http://www.lelong.com.my
8)Buy directly from commemorative coins & bank notes from its manufacturer. This types of items usually minted by specific manufacturer and only limited unit produced. Buy directly from them usually cheaper than buying from individual seller.
Everybody deserve a Hobby? You must be kidding! It's for our kid not for us.
This is the most scenario i have faced when I adviced my freinds to have their own hobby.
Why should we have a hobby? For me, we should have a hobby because :- 1) To release our tension 2) To make us bz 3) To earn extra income 4) To get more freinds 5) To gain more knowledge
No doubt, all of us despite of our age, country of origin, race and religion have interesting hobby from our early age and grow with our maturity . BUT if you don't have any hobby, you can start your new hobby RIGHT NOW!
There is thousand of interesting hobby out there for you to choose. Please select only hobby that suit you; don't just be follower. BE YOURSELF.
We will provide you with the information that you required. However, we unable to list and details all at this moment. But we promise to select the best and the most interesting hobby to publish here and we will update this centre regularly and add more interesting hobby for your information and selection.
Most important, you get full information on your interesting hobby. Perhaps you will happy with your hobby and earn spiritual and monetary benefits from your interesting hobby.
Contents in this blog is solidly based on my experience or sharing by others. We will not liable to any losses of life or injuries when using this information in this blog or any link stated here. All trade marks is own by respective company / person and not related to us.
Anybody or organization which refuse their name or organization apprear in this blog may do so by writing to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any inconvinience caused is regretted.