Google
 
Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.

Saturday, March 8, 2008

HOBBY NO. 9 : CAMPING

Camping is just cool and interesting hobby to somebody which brave enough. If you're too coward of the darkness of the night and hate of accompany by singing birds during midnight; please don't even think about this hobby.

Since i'm not sure how to start this topic, I just want to share my personal experience on scouting and camping.

As a boy scout (known as Pengakap in Malaysia) since standard 4 (age of 10 years) in secondary school at Sekolah Kebangsaan Damak, Jerantut; I start joined them for camping. As safety measurement to new boy scout, they teach us on basic scouting such as basic cooking, how to make a knots, life surveillance's, basic camping and etc... During primary school, we only given a permission to camping at our school compound, normally school field with fully guided by trained scouts.

Then, I continued as boy scout in my secondary school at Sekolah Menengah Damak, Jerantut. I even excited of camping. Thanks God as I has given a change to camping at various places such as reserved forest, waterfall and etc..

After completed my Form 3, I moved to other school named Sekolah Menengah Padang Saujana, Jerantut. Here, I'm forced to joined Fire Brigade Cadet for 2 years. But, I'm not just left my hobby behind. I joined another group of people to fishing and camping during school holidays because I'm staying in school's hostel.

As my form 5 result, Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (malaysia Certificate of Education)is not excellent, I prefer to continue my studies in form 6 at Sekolah Menengah Jerantut. Here, I'm joining senior boy scout (Pengakap Kelana) and helping others scouts during their activities and camping. I also joined numerous camping activities organised by school management.


Photo : One of the camping activities that I'm involved when I'm still studies at Sekolah Menengah Jerantut. This Camping was held in Lata Meraung Waterfall, Jerantut. (Note: I will kicked this photographer because not warned us before taking this photo as I'm still drinking when this photo was captured... Ha..ha..ha..Just joking).

When I'm in Universiti Utara malaysia (UUM), Kedah; I still continue my camping activities. I'm choose to become a scout leader by joining Kelana Siswa (University Scout). I even dare to joined their first camping just after our orientation week. Here I was teach on every aspect to be as scout leader. Here, I was awarded as scout leader (Manikayu 2) after completing all their requirements. Thanks to Pak Mat, Cikgu Mail and Cikgu Hassan for their guidance.

I joined numerous camping such as National & Asia Pasific Jamboree in Terengganu with other scouts around the world. Even happy moment for me during this scout Jamboree is all by siblings were here as scouts represent their own school or scout committee. My sister (Idayu), my younger brothers, Imran and Noorhisyam were represent Jerantut, Pahang. While myself is represent Universiti Utara Malaysia as Chief De-Mission (Contingent Leader).


Photo : During National & Asia Pasific Scout Jamboree.

However, as time changes i'm no longer active in scouting and camping. Not because i'm hate scout and camping; it's just because i'm quite bussy with others activities. My heart still remain as scout and camping is still in my interest. I promise to re-start my camping activities when my 2 childrens growing as I can bring them togethers.

No comments: